Human Population Issues
Click on a minimum of two (2) links below to review sites that provide views on some of the human population issues currently facing us. As is typical of these sorts of discussions, these materials get into some sticky issues.
- Based on your reading of the links above, describe your feelings about the human population crisis? Should it be controlled or addressed?
- Address ONE of the statements below or a different view on a topic similar to one of the three. Does your position agree with the statement? Describe how the statement meshes with your personality opinions/philosophy regarding the human population crisis.
- People who have large families should be taxed accordingly. Large families are a burden for all of us. Because of the increased environmental demands associated with large families, those selecting to go this route should pay up to support that choice.
- Environmental issues aside, let's talk finances. Couples who have no children, or only one, depend on my children to support them in their old age, whereas I am contributing my share to people who will be working when I am older. The more, the better.
- The world population is exploding and we are all headed for trouble unless we figure out how to get it under control quickly. Families in which parents more than replace themselves (3 or more children per 2 parents) are not sustainable and in fact are detrimental to the future of our planet. We need to figure out how to prevent this as soon as possible.
Support your answers with factual information.Please put the references at the end.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/25/2015 12:00 pm