1. Why do most government jurisdictions prohibit restaurants from serving raw milk?
2. Assume that you are the kitchen supervisor for a resort hotel. Your Sunday brunch normally includes scrambled eggs. Your cooks have been preparing them in a steamer and serving them in a chafing dish; customers then help themselves. The quality of this product is not as good as you would like it to be, but the alternative of scrambling a few eggs at a time to order is not viable. You could purchase frozen scrambled eggs packed in 5 pound Cryovac bags. These eggs need only to be steam-heated for 20 minutes. Their quality, in your opinion is superb. The Ap price is very high, however-approximately three times the price of fresh eggs. What do you suggest? If possible, ask a resort hotel's food and beverage director or kitchen supervisor to comment on your answer.
3. Why is the age of a bird at the time of slaughter an important selection factor?
4. Why are free range and kosher chickens more expensive than chickens raised in the typical way?
5. Explain why chicken is referred to as a commodity item.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/15/2015 10:30 pm