Recommending a Low-Cost Customer Service Employee Daily Assignment Schedule
In this assignment, you play the role of a manager working for XYZ Consulting which was hired by the Acme Mexico City store manager to develop an optimal daily employee schedule for the customer service representatives in his store. The attached memo provides the tasking. You assigned an analyst, A. Beancounter, to the task. He developed a constrained optimization model in Excel (file attached), using integer linear programming and Excel's Solver add-in. Unfortunately, after completing the model, he resigned to accept another job. (Good quantitative business analysts are in demand.) Now you must complete the task.
Based upon the solution provided, write a report recommending to the AMC store manager (who is unfamiliar with integer linear programming), a customer service employee daily assignment schedule for Acme Mexico City. The report should include:
- An executive summary with key results
- An employee assignment schedule for a typical day that minimizes personnel costs using the operations analysts' schedule (which may be modified by qualitative factors, if any, that you determine are relevant)
- An explanation of the model, including a discussion of its underlying assumptions, and of your selected qualitative factors (if any)
- A further discussion of how non-typical days might affect the schedule
- Optionally, and for extra points, a sensitivity analysis that shows how relaxation of the 50% constraint on the hours worked by part-time customer service employees might affect the daily personnel costs and/or how adding an additional lunch shift at 10 am and an additional dinner shift at 7 pm can lower the daily cost.
(a paper in APA format)
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/09/2015 12:00 am