Please read carefully!!
This assignment is based on the Applebaum article (attached). Answer these questions succinctly and be SURE to properly reference your sources (other than this paper). Make sure your answers are in your own words and do not directly quote sources. This is worth 5% of your final grade. We treat this as a report required for a boss or client.
1. Describe the characteristics of MRSA and why it is resistant to methicillin.
2. What does SCCmec refer to? (not just what the letters stand for but what does this designation mean practically and molecularly?)
3. How is VRSA related to MRSA and how did VRSA acquire vancomycin resistance? (environmental pressures and molecular mechanisms)
4. The Applelbaum article discusses only a few incidences of VRSA infections – but this paper was written in 2006. Use your research skills to find and describe new information on the prevalence and treatment of VRSA infections.
5. Would you be likely to contract a VRSA infection if you were working with a VRSA paptient? Why or why not.
attached is the article you MUST read.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||10/05/2015 08:00 am