The word “lean” is a synonym for “slender,” but it also refers to an approach to increasing productivity and efficiency in business. For this Project, you will apply the concepts of lean production to a wasteful or inefficient work or personal situation and write up a case study summarizing what you learned.
To prepare for your case study:
- Read or listen to the Aldi case study.
- Make sure you understand the concept of lean production and the following approaches to lean production:
- Cell production
- Just in time
- Kaizen (continuous improvement) and Total Quality Management (TQM)
To write your case study:
- Choose a work or personal situation that wastes time, money or other resources. Analyze the situation. How is it wasteful? What is causing the waste to occur?
- Determine which of the three approaches to lean production is most applicable to your situation.
- Write your case study, making sure it explains each of the following:
- The wasteful situation you have chosen, how it is wasteful, and what causes it to be wasteful.
- The 3 different approaches to lean production. Explain them in your own words, and in plain, simple language (no jargon).
- The lean production approach that is most applicable to your situation and why.
- How you would apply the basic principles of this approach to your situation and how you think it would address the waste problem.
(link is for the Aldi case study)
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||09/30/2015 12:00 am