Assignment Sheet: Comparative Analysis of Two Websites
1) You will choose TWO websites from the list in the liste below about the Kennedy assassination, Amelia Earhart's disappearance, the Zodiac Killer, or 9/11. Do not choose one website from the Kennedy list and one from the Earhart list.
the Kennedy site 1: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/bestof.htm
9/11 site 1. http://www.911truth.org/
Earhart site 1.http://www.historywiz.com/historymakers/earhart.htm
2) Your purpose is to evaluate each site according to the criteria given in this module in order to determine which site would be the better site to use if you were to write a paper on the topic for one of your college courses. Please be sure to read all of the information on web evaluations carefully before you begin writing. Study the example essay.
3) Organization of essay: make sure that you clearly label each section. Remember, this is not a basic essay. We are working on technical communication, and you, therefore, need to make sure that your papers are formatted correctly. A title page and graphic must be attached.
A) Introduction: What is the context of use? Answer the who, what, where, why, and how questions. Which websites are you analyzing and why? Which website is better suited for research for a college paper? Make sure that you clearly state your purpose in a thesis statement.
B) Part I: Similarities-how are these two websites similar? Content? Design? Use the language from the text. Use specific details from the websites to illustrate your ideas. Make sure that you include a clear and focused topic sentence
C) Part II: Differences in Content- Level two headers (meaning, give subheaders and organize your ideas logically)must be used in this section (see page 165 in our tech comm text) . How is the content different? Who are the authors? Who are the publishers? What knowledge is this site trying to disseminate? Bias? Make sure that you have very clear topic sentences, so if you are discussing both websites in one paragraph, your topic sentence must say something about both websites in order for the paragraph to be cohesive. Use details from the websites.
D) Part III: Differences in Layout and Design- Level two headers (meaning, give subheaders and organize your ideas logically)must be used in this section (see page 165 in our tech comm text). How are the layouts different? Describe them clearly. What is the design of each page? Describe them. Describe the ease of navigation. Again, focus on paragraph cohesion by making sure that you have focused topic sentences and that the information in the body of each paragraph directly relates to those topic sentences.
E) Part IV: Conclusion and Recommendations- Which website would be more useful to a student writing a College paper? Why?
F) You must submit a Works Cited page with correctly formatted entries for each website. Please see the examples on pages 90 and 91 in “The Little Penguin Handbook” for directions on how to properly construct your Works Cited entries for websites.
4) Use appropriate transitions in your paragraphs.
5) Make sure that you follow the same organizational structure in each part of your essay. This means that if you discuss one website first in your introduction, then you MUST always talk about that website first throughout your paper. Also, do not refer to the websites as site one and site two throughout your paper as this is extremely confusing to your audience. This idea is referred to as a parallel structure.
6) Include at least two graphics in your paper.
7) Make sure that your edit your paper for proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
8) Your essay should be approximately1000 words, and it needs to be uploaded to the appropriate drop box in a .doc, .docx, or .rtf file. Your essay must follow MLA guidelines including an appropriate header, title, 12 point font, and double spaced.
|Due By (Pacific Time)||06/28/2015 11:00 am|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews