- You are a communications director for Google. Laszlo Bock, the global head of human resources, has been invited to speak at the Annual Meeting of the Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM), June 10th in Orlando, FL. He will speak to an audience of 2,500 senior HR professionals and hiring managers at large and mid-sized companies around the country. You have been asked to write his speech.
- Recent scandals and lawsuits in the tech sector have highlighted that the industry, both its established leaders and entrepreneurial start-ups, continues to be dominated by white men. SHRM would like Bock’s remarks to address the question of diversity and “inclusiveness” in the technology industry.
- You may approach the diversity topic generally, or you may choose to focus on a specific population, such as women, people of color, etc.
- Write a speech of five (minimum) to six (maximum) minutes. Shoot for approximately three double-spaced pages with one inch margins and 12-point font.
- will be graded on the clarity, effectiveness and impact of your remarks on the audience
Â—Four main elements to any speech
Â–Establishes tone and rapport
Â–Shares speaker’s feelings about the forum and topic
Â–Reinforces speaker credibility (ethos)
Â–Factual – creates awareness
Â–Value – creates acceptance and interest
Â–Policy – encourages course of action
Â–Supporting points, data, and anecdotes
Â–Facts (logos) and experiences (pathos)
Â–Vision for the future
Â–Summary of recommendations for audience
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||04/20/2015 11:01 pm