Assignment 2: Case Study 9.5: Swedish Daddies
Due Week 8 and worth 300 points
Read Case 9.5: Swedish Daddies, located here.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you answer the following questions:
- If you have, or plan to have, children, what sort of balance do you seek between career and family life? Do you believe that the mindset of corporate America is conducive to the type of work and family arrangement that would suit you?
- Should the United States require companies to provide paid maternity leave? Should it assist them to do so? What about paternity leave?
- Should specialized organizational arrangements be made for workers who wish to combine career and child raising? Suppose specialized organizational arrangements must be made for such workers. Identify steps that companies can take to accommodate parental needs more effectively.
- Does a firm have an obligation to give employees the flexibility to work out the particular balance of career and family that is right for them? Or does this go beyond the social responsibilities of business?
- Cite your textbook as a reference.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/26/2014 12:00 pm