Below you will find two case studies. Read both case studies and answer the questions that pertain to each. Please provide complete citations for your work and also USE YOUR OWN WORDS TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS Please note that you will complete both case studies.
Case Study A:
After his father suffered a heart attack last summer, Julio made some changes to his lifestyle to try to avoid his father’s fate. He stopped smoking, began working out with weights, cut down on butter and eggs, and started taking fish-oil capsules everyday. But he’s still about 30 pounds overweight, and he finds it hard to resist the fatty meats and fried foods he grew up with. Then again, Julio is only 21: He has plenty of time to get fit, right?
Questions to Case Study A:
1. How do different types of foods affect your heart?
2. What do you think of Julio’s strategies to avoid heart disease? Explain.
3. What could Julio do to increase his efforts in preventing heart disease?
Case Study B:
Gardner and Dalton are dorm buddies who eat dinner together almost every night. Dalton always gets a chuckle out of Gardner’s dinner tray. No matter what Gardner chooses for dinner, he always takes a side dish of ketchup to use as a dipping sauce. “What can I say?” shrugs Gardner. “My mother told me to eat more foods made with tomatoes. It has something to do with my grandfather having prostate cancer.”
Questions for Case Study B:
1. Name one food component that reduces your risk for cancer.
2. Do you know why Gardner’s mom might have given him this advice?
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/15/2014 12:00 am