Answer the questions in APA format.
1. List the techniques necessary for accurate thyroid gland examination
2. A 41-year-old woman with Graves disease exhibits nervousness, tachycardia, palpitations, and weight loss.
a- What is the cause of these observed symptoms?
3. List three head and neck examination techniques designed to prevent trauma or distress.
4. Which is the largest endocrine gland in the body and what two hormones does it produce.
5. Name the type of headache that is unilaterally located, precipitated by alcohol consumption, and predominantly affects men.
6. Examination of a newborn 24 hours after birth reveals subcutaneous edema in the parietal region, which when palpated is firm, well-defined, and does not cross suture lines.
What is the physiologic basis of this finding?
7. Which disease is a chronic autoimmune disorder that causes symptoms of either hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism, depending on the duration of the disease?
1-The four rectus and two oblique muscles attached to the eye are innervated by which cranial nerves?
2-How is visual acuity recorded and what does it indicate?
3-Differentiate between flame-shaped, round, and dot hemorrhages.
4- Define exophthalmos.
5-Which disorder is caused by the interruption of the sympathetic nerve supply to the eye and results in ipsilateral miosis and mild ptosis?
6. What is characterized by loss of definition of the optic disc that initially occurs superiorly and inferiorly and then nasally and temporally?
7. A new mother is concerned that her 3-month-old infant is having vision problems.What are pertinent questions to ask this mother?
A pregnant woman in the third trimester of pregnancy is having difficulty with blurred vision and is unable to wear contact lenses. She asks you whether she should have an eye examination for a new prescription.
a- What advice would you give this patient?
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||09/25/2014 12:00 am