Your completed Project 1 - Career Plan is due this week. A complete outline of the project is available under Projects; it would be a good idea to read through that again to make sure you are clear on all the details. Your Career Plan document must include:
- A list of five appropriate job titles with corresponding job descriptions and salary ranges. For the five appropriate job titles with job descriptions and salaries, you may copy and paste them from a job board. However, format the postings so your presentation is uniform and professional. Each job description must be at least one paragraph in length and relate to the field for which you are attending school.
- Research results listing a minimum of five companies you would like to work for. In listing the five companies you want to work for, simply provide a numbered list with the company title and the location. Then choose one of the five companies and write at least one paragraph giving a description of the company and explaining why you would like to work for the company. The paragraph should be lengthy and professional and be at least 200 words in length. It should provide details on the company - the mission of the company, items of interest you found when visiting their website, the reason why you would like to work for them, etc.
- A list of networking contacts that relate to the type of company you would like to work for. This list must contain at least ten people, disclose how you identified them (through a professional association, through inCircle, through a personal connection, etc.) and their direct contact information. Interview family, friends, instructors, professional organizations, strangers, and any other source to obtain networking contacts. You must contact your Career Service Advisor to get at least one networking resource recommendation.
- Write two or more paragraphs that summarize the interactions with your Career Services Advisor to date. The minimum requirement for this section is another 200 words.
- Write a paragraph or two about what you learned from networking, including why you believe it is a valuable experience and what you found was the most effective place to network in developing new contacts. The minimum requirement for this section is another 200 words.
- Write one paragraph which summarizes your ability to maintain the Career Plan elements as an effective job search planning tool. Give details on how you will maintain it. Include information about the value you would give to such a tool, and any obstacles you would have to creating and maintaining this tool. The minimum requirement for this section is 100 words.
The good news is that you have already completed a lot of this work; think back to your Week 2 "Identifying Jobs and Companies" and Informational Interviews assignments. If you have any last questions about the Career Plan project, make sure to ask your instructor as soon as possible.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||09/07/2014 02:00 pm