- This assignment is to be written in A.P.A. format as a two to three page word document not counting the title and reference pages.
- You are to write the self-reflection in first person rather than third person.
- In self-reflection #1 you will have a reference page in addition to the title page as you will need to reference your state board of nursing. This reference page does not count as a content page.
- Submit the completed assignment as an attachment to the appropriate drop box in the Self-Reflection Assignment folder no later than the deadline listed in the course timeline.
First Reflective Writing Assignment
- Provide the requirements that must be met in your state(I AM IN KENTUCKY) in order to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse (Family Nurse Practitioner, Certified Nurse Midwife, Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner). The primary resource to use for this information is your state board of nursing as this is where your scope of practice will be defined. Does your state have independent practice or is a physician required as a collaborator or delegator? LOOK AT THE KENTUCKY BOARD OF NURSING WEBSITE
- What are the requirements you must meet in order to obtain prescribing privileges ? Are you permitted to prescribe scheduled drugs? If so, which ones?
- What expectations do you have about making the paradigm shift from being a nurse administering medications to becoming an advanced practice nurse who will prescribe medication?
- Discuss the "cultural norms" within your family or community related to beliefs about taking medications for health issues and how this will influence your practice. (I LIVE IN LOUISVILLE KENTUCKY US)