Hello team India,
Here is what we need to do for the proposal;
Each team will be given a country to research by the instructor.
Team members should brainstorm the topic and come up with a research proposal. This research proposal should be submitted to the instructor for approval. The approval should take no more than 2 days.
The research proposal should contain the following details.
a. Name of country : INDIA
b. Importance of the country to the world's economy: One paragraph
c. Research methodology: What sources of information will you use for your research project?
d. Distribution of team work: Who will do what?
To name everyone for the part D:
Here is the work that needs to be divided up for the final project;
A new buzz word, BRICS, is being used these days in international business circles. BRIC is a group of five developing countries with the fastest growing economies in the world – Brazil, Russia, India and China, and South Africa. Your team’s task will be to examine the international business environment of one of these countries and address the following broad questions in your research paper.
1. What are the most current economic indicators for the assigned country that clearly demonstrate that whether or not this country is on a consistent growth path and that this will play an important role in the 21st century world economy? (Not more than 2 pages.)
2. What are the most critical drivers or engines of growth in this country? (Not more than 1 page.)
3. Using the website www.doingbusiness.org find and analyze the overall “Ease of Doing business” Rank (out of 183 economies) and the rankings by each topic for each country from the BRIC group. Compare your findings with the USA indicators. Present your data as a table for the purpose of comparative analysis. Additionally, you can also use for the purpose of the analysis "FDI Confidence Index" http://www.atkearney.com/gbpc/foreign-direct-investment-confidence-index which is a useful tool for analyzing the attractiveness of the targeted country. Summarize the results of your analysis. (Not more than 2-3 pages.)
4. What is the current political system in the country? Have some major political changes taken place in the recently which has made a dramatic impact on the nation’s economy? Does the current political system help or hinder the economic development in that country? Do you foresee any political system changes in the future? (Not more than 2 pages.)
5. What are some of the most prominent cultural differences between the chosen country and the United States? What could be the impact of these differences on business activities with each other? (Not more than 3 pages.)
6. Any recommendations you would make for creating greater international business success between the target country and the United States? (Not more than 2 pages.)
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||06/24/2014 04:00 pm