- PART I: Tell about an experience that you had relating to weather and air travel. What have you learned in this module that helped you understand this problem? [NOTE: If you have never had a problem or difficulty with weather relating to air travel, you’re a rare and lucky person. In that case, tell about a problem or difficulty with weather and air travel that you read about.] 150 words
- PART 2: Go to the NOAA, National Weather Service and look up the 7-day forecast zipcode 33189 FL. Post and summarize the 7 day forecast in this area. Does the extended weather forecast in this location looks like it might be a good week for flying a local sortie? Why or why not? http://www.nws.noaa.gov/outlook_tab.php
- PART 3: Assignment: Locate a website that supports one of this module's learning objectives. Then write a short summary describing how the website relates and supports the learning objective you selected.
Purpose: To form a collection of websites and resources relating to the module's learning objectives that will reinforce what you and your peers are learning in the current module. These websites should serve as resources for you throughout the course.
It is important that you convey to your peers how the website relates to the learning objective and why it will be a valuable resource for them in the future. Do not duplicate websites; they are on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Search the Internet for pertinent information that will satisfy and demonstrate one of the learning objectives for this module.
- Post the URL for the website on the Discussion Board, along with a short summary that describes how the website supports the learning objective you selected. The summary should be a minimum of 250 words.
- Learning Objectives: Choose one:
- 10. Describe the type of information that is available from the following weather charts: Surface Analysis Chart, Weather Depiction Chart, Radar Summary Chart, and Significant Weather Prognostic Charts.
- 9. Describe the type of information that is available from the following printed weather forecasts: Terminal Aerodrome Forecast (TAF), Area Forecast (FA), In-Flight Weather Advisories (SIGMET, AIRMET), and the Winds Aloft Forecast (FD).
- 8. Explain information available in weather reports, and extract the following information from METARS (Wind, Visibility, Weather, Sky Conditions, Temperature/Dewpoint, and Altimeter)
***All Parts Must Be Original
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||06/22/2014 03:00 pm