Format: Formal Report
Submission date: 9th January 2014
Word count: 2500 (+/- 10%)
Case study business: Elecdyne
Demonstrate an understanding and ability to critically analyse, evaluate and appraise the key internal and external contexts in which global business operates, and the ways in global business reacts to those contexts and changes in them in terms of comparison, evaluation, and subsequent strategy integration, synthesis, formulation and validation.
Summarise Elecdyne current position.
Name the three countries you will be considering for relocation.
Introduce STEEP. Why are you using it?
STEEP analysis of the external environment.
Explanation of Porter’s Diamond and linking to Elecdyne.
Introduction to three countries.
Outline any key factors e.g. type of economy, main industries, growing economy…
Analyse each county for their strength and weaknesses for finance, resources and labour.
Compile a PEST analysis for your three countries.
Compile a table with weightings for each country.
Strategy – consider foreign domestic investment - joint venture, mergers and acquisitions and greenfield sites.
Er3S72 Advice on structure for assignment
· Introduction should have brief description of company situation and what the report will cover.
· Current / Future Business Environment
o Steep - table / group trend map with referenced material from web, journal articles, etc.
· Choices for Company
· Brief Justification of 3 countries to compare with Japan.
· Briefly explain and justify analytical structure to use e.g. swot & pest/pestle/steep combination table (use reference to assist justification if possible). And outline weights to be used (small table would be sufficient).
· Table(s) of data an analysis should include:-
· Strengths and Weaknesses with sub headings.
· Analysis of 3 countries against Japan :-Opportunities and threats combined with pest / pestle / steep should include weightings and calculations. It also needs to present data for Japan and 3 other countries chosen. Real data included should include cost, technology, market, culture and risk data. Exchange rate data and cluster data may also be suitable here.
o You may wish to have summary table of the scores for the countries, for the pest / pestle / steep
· Then discussion of location decision (i.e. which country and why, using the summary)
· Choice of Method (Joint ventures, Greenfield sites, Mergers /Acquisitions)
· Table explaining different choices available and strengths and weaknesses of each.
· Choice of method and why. (Speed, Control Cost, Risk etc)
· Brief conclusion
Carrier, C. Cossette, P and Verstraete, T. (2000) Experimental implementation of a new creative method to support futurology by small businesses in a strategic management perspective. Journal of Enterprising Culture. Vol. 8, No. 2, pp121-140.
CIA (2010) World Fact Book. Available at: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2177.html (Accessed on 28.11.11)
Er3S72 Assignment 1 Advice
· From theme 1.
· From theme 2:
One Suggested Approach to tackling the above:-
· Introduction From Theme 1 Task 1:
· Identify, using any frameworks necessary,
· From Theme 1 Task 5, (and anything relevant from theme 2 tasks 7 and 9)
· From Theme 2 Task 10
· From Theme 1 Task 4
· Identify the key factors that Elecdyne should consider when deciding how to internationalise (Joint Venture, Greenfield Site, Merger / Acquisition)
· Identify an appropriate analytical framework to use when presenting these factors (and justify).
· Use the information gathered for the country you have decided to internationalise to, any relevant information you gathered from theme 2 task 8, and any information from Elecdyne’s internal position that you identified from Theme 2 task 6, and Theme 2 Task 10, to analyse which strategy (Joint venture, Greenfield site, Merger Acquisition) is most appropriate, and why
|Due By (Pacific Time)||01/15/2014 12:00 am|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews