Full instructions will be uploaded
· To analyze and reflect on ideas in Nancy Pinedad's "Salvation in Ciudad Juarez"
4 page essay (12 point font, double spaced, normal margins, MLA format)
· Using only Nancy Pinedad's "Salvation in Ciudad Juarez"
(DO NOT USE OUTSIDE SOURCES), address “How can we make theological sense out of suffering and/or disability?"
· Be sure to engage key concepts such as: attention, consciousness, unselfing, fantasy, tragic, pilgrimage / purification, duty, and freedom
· You need to undertake textual analysis, which includes:
o Consistent appeal to the text through direct and indirect quoting
o Proper citations of the text through parenthetical notations such as (p.45)
o Attempts to interpret textual passages through analysis (in terms of overall argument and in terms of one passage versus one another) and interpretation (stating the meaning in your own words)
§ For example, “I think that Nancy…”
· You also need to engage in reflective dialogue with the text. Consider questions such as: Where do your ideas and experiences resonate with and/or diverge from Nancy’s view? In what ways do you find Nancy’s perspective to be persuasive? What are the implications of her view? How might you critical and constructively bring your study of another discipline into conversation with Nancy’s views?
Structure: (MUST FOLLOW)
· Opening paragraph: Articulate a thesis statement where you develop a central claim (in response to the above questions) about Murdoch’s text and your reflective response to it
· Body paragraphs (Majority of the paper): Engage in extensive textual analysis, which includes description of key ideas, analysis of them and your own thoughts
· Concluding paragraphs: Summary comments and highlight the implications of Murdoch’s thought and your own constructive reflections
Rubric for Evaluation:
· Editing / Style / Citations (Pay attention to grammar!)
· Articulation of thesis statement
· Engagement with texts/ critical analysis of arguments
· Structure and coherence of paper
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||04/19/2016 07:00 pm