For this assignment, you will consider all that you have learned and practiced up to this point in our course and apply criteria for evaluating action research to the following: Sample Action Research Report 1: Effect of Technology in Enthusiasm for Learning Science. Finally, you will include a self-reflection. Note that it is acceptable to write in the first-person voice in the reflection.
The assignment needs to include the following areas of content.
- Area of Focus (1 point): Describe the area of focus and whether it involves teaching and learning. Include support from the literature where appropriate.
- Research Questions (0.5 points): List the research questions and discuss whether the researcher states questions that were answerable given the researcherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s expertise, time, and resources.
- Locus of Control (1 point): Discuss the locus of control and whether the area of focus was within the researcherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s locus of control.
- Data Collection (1 point): Describe the data collection techniques and whether the researcher used appropriate data collection techniques to answer the studyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s research questions (e.g., qualitative and/or quantitative). Include support from the literature in your description.
- Ethics (1 point): Describe the ethical challenges the researcher faced and how they were resolved.
- Reflective Stance (1.5 point): Explain the ways the action research effort contributed to the researcherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s reflective stance on the ways teaching and learning are viewed.
- Action (0.5 points): Describe the actions that resulted from the study.
- Action-Data Connection (1.5 points): Describe how the proposed action connects to the studyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s data analysis and interpretation.
- Reflection - Learning (0.5 points): Describe what you learned from this study and the process of evaluating it, considering what insight this researcher gave you indirectly regarding the process of action research.
- Reflection Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Application (0.5 points): Describe what you have taken away from this experience for use in your Final Project in this course.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||04/17/2016 12:00 am