Marketing to a Developing Country
Imagine that you own a small business that sells a product of your choice. Recently you have decided that you would like to start exporting your product to a country of your choice. Use the Internet to locate current brands that are also being exported to the chosen country.
Write a six or more (6-) page paper in which you:
- Briefly describe the country that you have selected using the facts from the Country Commercial Guide. Explain why you decided to export to that country. Support your decision to export to that country with facts from the Country Commercial Guide.
- Determine aspects of your business’ product that you may have to change in order to accommodate the selected foreign country’s needs (packaging, advertising, etc.).
- Create a plan that identifies emerging markets that you would like for your business to enter into over time.
- Determine the services that you will need to have in place to keep your business’ international customers satisfied. Note: The services can range from special transportation to special security or Internet services.
- Determine where you will have the locus of decision making for the service center.
- Assess all forms of foreign investment and determine the best option for long-term growth.
- Determine the current brands exporting to the chosen country. Develop a brand name for the selected product that is unique to the chosen country and explain your rationale behind the brand name.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the strategic marketing planning process, strategies for entering foreign markets, and considerations for subsequent market expansion.
- Examine the process for market research to assess foreign market potential.
- Evaluate the considerations for product adaptation in foreign markets and common approaches to adjusting promotional strategy to fit foreign markets.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in international marketing.
- Write clearly and concisely about international marketing using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||08/24/2013 12:00 am